Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Desire

The desire
to be alive
keeps knocking
within me
Pushes me
to live a life
bereft of bondings –
free

It glares at me
each night
as I prepare to sleep
I pretend
to look the other way
While it sits
in my mind’s corner
and begins to weep

Filled with guilt
I cajole
again -
it speaks to me
Of the un-tread
paths of life
it wants me to take
Of journeys
that leaders took
which
we read in books

I pull my sheet &
whisper my wish
The wish to quietly
sleep
Knowing well
that deep within
It is now my turn
to weep
Weep for the dreams
which I lost
Because of sleepless nights
For being content
leading a life
of endless- struggle & strife

Undeterred -
it pulls back the sheet
and whispers
softly in my ear -
oh , why do you wish to weep
while there’s so much to do...

Weave new dreams
to make them true
Paint them all
in life’s
wondrous hues

Now
I don’t wish to sleep
wish to be life’s
best friend
Not read of journeys
or dream of them
But take the untrodden paths
Not content
just living life
But to dream &
be Alive !

No comments:

Post a Comment