Thursday, May 3, 2012

Falling Apart

They say that I look as if my world has fallen apart
Wonder if they can see pieces of my broken heart ?
The suddenness of things made the impact great
The heart that I loved so, how can I ever hate
Each morning I wonder how to go through the day
Echoing in my mind the lies I had heard him say
I shiver feeling that warm enlivening embrace
The serenading eyes and tender love on that face
How each word of his had been ambrosia to me
I wonder how he could not the love in me just see
My heart kindled on the touch of his glance
My shyness made me quickly look askance
The dreams that we shared looking at each other
I wish I could run from them and hide somewhere
Oh this pain of mine I find impossible to hide
Sleepless nights I behold my eyes remain wide
Opening my mouth I try to shout & scream
Suffocating me are broken pieces of my dream
It is searing me from the deepest within
While I pretend to be just the way I had been
Temptation , motivation , devotion to me was he
But fate had destined for me some other decree
I want to leave and move on, yet why can’t I go
The intenseness of my love he will never know
Tears welling down in silence I watch me cry
Wonder why can’t I simply say him goodbye
I hate myself and am unable to leave him behind
Someone tell me how to push him out of my mind
Tell me how I go about mending my broken heart
Someone help me stop my world from falling apart

2 comments: