Sunday, March 21, 2010

Aspirations

I wish one day to leave a mark

The day - when I am done....
I will leave it at a place

where others may behold….
I hope it spreads a message

which others may fathom

May some soul gain from it

Where I will last forever….
My spirit will never die

My feelings which connects me to pain
Not only of mine, but others too,

People wonder my tears are not yet dry

and empathy makes me cry.
Feelings have many depths,
In which I drown only to resurface

At the bottom remains the ballast

of all the bitterness

And I come up with an open mind…
Someone from the Arcadia of Peace

once pulled me from the depths
To celebrate the essence of life

I will walk through the avenues of life

My fears left far behind

I will swim through the waves of ideas

To come up with something bright
I'll stand in among the column of challenges

Adding to my strength
I’ll float through success stories

One day I will write my own…

7 comments:

  1. Shampa wish u all the best on ur aspirations...but to someone a bit slow on poetry...please explain "Someone from the Arcadia of Peace to me."Except this loved every bit.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shampa,

    the very fact that
    'you are'
    you've left
    your mark
    on the face of time;
    its deep for some
    mere dent for others
    now no longer
    can even destiny erase
    that you happened
    then evolved and overcame
    to be
    what is mostly
    only aspired for:
    you are
    a positive, caring soul.


    ...see your words inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What could be more motivating for me .....the best reward indeed !

      Delete
  3. Oh my shampa-really u'v moved my heart.....rest u know! very well written-straight from your pure soul.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your appreciation dears....

    Shivani - Arcadia of peace refers to a simple virginal peaceful place which has a soothing effect :-)
    Sabina - I really am honoured & wow for what you wrote
    Rashmi - I know & I understand my dear :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad to see u here......
    Now don't get lost......be regular.

    ReplyDelete