Sunday, October 16, 2011

To MA.....because of you I AM

I kicked deep within you
Feeling the tenderness of your touch
As you gently ran your hand
Assuring me of your protective presence
Since then you have been there
You being the silent kind ,your smile spoke instead
I took my first steps….the second, third…..
While you waited - to hold me
Before I stumbled or fell
Many a morning comfort you had to sacrifice
To kiss me awake & see off to school
Love is a warm feeling they say
True – your love taught me
The warmth of the freshly ironed school uniform
I found waiting on winter mornings
The juice glasses though cooling
There memory keeps me warm till this day
The sandwiches on the breakfast table
were oh, so warm !
The much hated glasses of milk
That heralded the evenings
Never failed to retain their warmth
I prayed to God each day -morning, evenings & night
“Oh lord almighty, make everything go right”
Now I know the prayers were not unfounded
Much before my prayers had started
He had heard them & sent you
Darkness scared me, so did shadows
But the fears went away as you became my shadow
Never leaving me alone, yet you let me grow
Sharing your experiences
While letting me learn & collect my own
Today a mother myself - I realize
All that you have been through
Once I look back & find
You standing with a smile just behind
A child I will remain to thee
& that is the way I want it to be

2 comments: