Monday, December 19, 2011

Life's eccentricity

The story began with a simple I
I believed I would find someone - my
It was my naiveté that didn’t let me see
How difficult it is to end as true ‘we’
I believed dreams always came true
And each ‘I’ always ends up with ‘you’
For years that was how I thought
So this silly heart of mine sought
A ‘you’ to fulfill my simple dreams
To help me cross life’s eternal stream
In my heart I wished to just fly
And reach the ‘you and me’ sky
But my ‘I’ never became ‘we’
My dream was not meant to be reality
‘I’ just remained with ‘me’
The void deep within no one to see
Alone on life’s crossroads I stand
Working hard to understand
Sometimes I look back and just ponder
Was I not good enough- I wonder
Or maybe life had whispered to say
You are special- walk a different way
Goading me to find a life of my own
Which as ‘we’ I might ever never known
I let this thought linger awhile
As in the mirror to myself I smile
I think -
Life might have flown in its own pace
Yet allowed me my own sweet space
It has tried giving me my very best
With a generous sprinkling of conquests
What if it didn’t give ‘me’ my ‘we’
Like a friend it helped me find ‘my’ identity

No comments:

Post a Comment