Tuesday, December 6, 2011

My Eden

In the quest for my own identity
I look at all choices and responsibility
The foremost one is to find a home
Finding a home is not just mirth
It gives a wonderful sense of worth
Soul searching questions it entails
To ensure that happiness prevails
Not the one where I have grown
But one which I will feel my own
With the seeds of belonging sown
There I hope never to feel forlorn
Not just any four walled place
But one that allows me my space
Through the brush of my unique touch
It will allow me to express so much
From a structure it will become a home
Holding the warmth of mother’s womb
Walled each side, yet an open highway
Waiting to show its own magical ways
Having answered all my questions
I embark on my search for home
In my search along with my father, I find
The one who carried me in her womb
With them beside me in my quest
Not once did I feel a wee bit queasy
Their presence made, finding a home so easy
Now I just need to give it my special touch
A couch here with a tall corner lamp
Some chairs there with a welcome coffee table
A dream framed in a picture on the opposite wall
Maybe a sprinkle of greens in pots and vases
Will add the aroma of hope and love to the huge hall
Truly then my Eden – that’s what my home I will call

No comments:

Post a Comment